Why SERVPRO is The Best Choice This Holiday Season
We all have that memory where either a pipe burst or something was left on the stove for too long. With the holidays just around the corner, SERVPRO of Sooland wants to ensure that you and your family have an unforgettable holiday season. We know this time of year is very fast paced, from picking friends and relatives up from the airport, shopping for presents, hiding the presents from the kids, to decorating and cooking. In the spirit of the holidays, some things that may be overlooked could become a hazard. SERVPRO of Sooland has a few tricks up our Christmas sweater sleeve that we want to share with you!
- Never connect more than three strings of incandescent lights. More than that may not only blow a fuse but can also cause a fire.
- Keep living trees fresh by watering daily. Dry trees are a serious fire hazard.
- When decorating use battery powered candles. Candles start almost have of home decoration fires
- Stay in the kitchen when something is cooking. Unattended cooking equipment is the leading cause of home cooking fires.
- Turn off, unplug, and extinguish all decorations when going to bed or leaving the house. Unattended candles are the cause of one in five home candle fires. Half of home fire deaths occur between 11pm and 7am.
Most losses that happen are unexpected, so even following the steps above doesn’t guarantee that a pipe won’t burst or a fire won’t start, but here at SERVPRO of Sooland we understand that and want to be the first one you call. We offer our services 24/7, 365 days of the year! For all losses, give us a call and we promise to schedule a meeting promptly as well as communicate everything happening! Give us a call at 712-274-2416.
Happy Holidays, we hope SERVPRO of Sooland made your nice list!